DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: It should be noted that the content of this Blog is not intended as inflammatory. It is my life story, but no harm is intended by its content whatsoever. I have a strict "No Slander" policy. Most of the content is purely of my own personal opinion of my life experiences, but mentions of criminal actions I have evidence for. Any thing from Cherie's life, I take from her friends, her family and her diaries, not myself. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Tuesday 4 July 2017

The Consequences Of A Rash Choice



 I am not happy. But I am trying to be.

Five months ago, to-the-day, I made a very, very rash decision, and one that I shall have to deal with the consequences of – for good or bad, better or worse – for the rest of my life.

My ex-fiance, Robert-James, proposed marriage to me. Not the “real” kind with rings and a Church and a certificate, however. The “old-fashioned kind”, where it is just the two of us, saying our vows, dedicating our lives to one-another, and living as man and wife. So, we ran away together and eloped. Sort-of.

If you are a regular reader, you will know two very important things that factored in to my decision. First is that I am a love addict, and the second is that I nearly died last year.

The two of these things combined to make my desire for marriage and children come to the forefront of my life. I was desperate to find my One True Love and settle-down.

Robert-James and I left things very badly at the end of our last relationship. We were engaged, but, thanks to many complicated reasons, I lost my home and thousands of pounds of money because of him, and although I myself forgave him, he could not forgive himself, so one day, he told me that he needed some space and time apart, and then I did not see nor hear from him for several months. We never “broke-up”. He just left. The next thing I know, after months of waiting patiently and sending him occasional messages asking how things were, I heard that he “changed his relationship status” and was dating someone else.

I had to give myself a major reality check. He broke-up with me, without actually breaking-up with me. A-couple-of-weeks of tears later, and I decide to start moving on with my life. I sent him a message and wished him all of my best, and I changed my own relationship status to single, joined a few dating websites, and started looking for potential suitors.

I really “clicked” with one particular gentleman, and after a lot of time spent together, started to develop feelings for him. I do not know whether those feelings were reciprocated. He was cute, funny, intelligent, geeky, and kind. (He still is.)

However, in wanting to move-on with my life, I also needed closure. I wanted to know why Robert-James left things the way that he did. So, we talked. And then we met-up. Fast-forward a few meets later, he has broken-up with his “girlfriend” and we are kissing and “DTRing” (“Define The Relationship”). Neither of us had any clue where we stood, but we knew that there was still something there.

When I spent time with Robert-James, I felt like I was cheating on this other man, and vice-versa. My heart was torn, even though I had no idea whether this other man felt anything for me at all, other than friendship. I was totally honest with “RJ” about my growing feelings for another man, and I think that that was what made him finally realise he still felt something for me, and he decided to propose.

The proposal was – as with his last proposal, from our last relationship – far from romantic. There was a miniature speech about how I am “nearly thirty”, how “life is short”, etc, and I was convinced to say yes.

So, we secretly planned – and booked – a “honeymoon”, I bought a cheap wedding dress – and we departed for a week, broadcasting our “wedding” via Facebook Live, with dozens of our friends and family watching.


 We said our vows, we laughed, we cried, and then we switched-off to spend the evening together, relaxing, and “setting-a-mood” for the marital bed.

I shall not, of course, go into any manner of detail, because this is not an episode of Sex In The City. I will say, however, that he was gentle with me and it was a pleasant experience, finally losing my virginity, on my own terms, with consent. It was, of course, not technically my “first time”, but as far as both he and I were concerned, it was in our hearts my first experience of lovemaking, and that is what counts. I had experienced sex before, but it was not consensual.

I had my doubts, though. So, so many doubts. I feared a repeat scenario of our last, failed relationship. My stomach was crawling with concern! The usual nerves that come with the fact that one is having sexual intercourse for the first time, of course, but also I had thoughts of “Does this count as a marriage?”, “Will God mind?”, “Is it okay?”, and the big one which was “IS HE REALLY THE ONE?”

I had always promised myself that I would save my purity for my One True Love. The one man I would marry and spend the rest of my life with. It would be my gift to him, and only him. Religion was also a factor, hence the “Will God mind?”, but for me, the biggest thing is my want to be with only one person, for the rest of my life.

Many times that night, my mind would drift to the-other-man, as well. “What if he is my One?” I would wonder. “What if some other guy is my One?..” “Should I wait?”… I feared that Robert-James was not my One True Love and that I was rushing-in-to-things because of my fear of loneliness and my need to be loved.

I ignored those aching feelings, thoughts and fears, and I “sealed-the-deal”, giving myself to my new husband. It was a beautiful experience, but one that I have since come to feel was too much, too soon. I find myself literally missing my virginity.

What does not help, is that my gut was right. Robert-James has not changed. He is slightly improved; less bad than before, if-you-will, but all the faults that drove us in to ruin last time are still there. He seemed better, when we met up as singletons, but now we are together again, the faults return. Mine, also. At least, the faults that I moved on from when I was single, have returned now. It is as though together, we bring out one-another’s worst faults, rather than best qualities.

He is lazy, inconsiderate, a spend-a-holic, compulsive liar, and even a (small-time, £1-5 here-and-there from my purse) thief. I have stopped doing my £1-a-day charity work, my freelancing has drawn to an utter halt, and I have fallen in to a pattern of depression again.

Robert and I have nearly parted ways several times, but we are agreed that we made a commitment, and we want to really try to work through our problems, together. I am going through a period of cutting off my feelings, because loving someone who causes so much hurt is too painful. I am not even sure whether I love him any more.

After nearly walking-out-on-him a couple of weeks ago, however; tears flowing, yelling and swearing abundant – all very out-of-character for me – things have gotten better. He is making more of an effort, and I am finding faith in him – and us – again. We kissed yesterday for the first time in weeks. This is a good sign.

My fear here, is that I gave my virginity to the wrong man, that our marriage will fail, and that when I do find my One True Love, he will not be my first. This is, in all honesty, my biggest reason for staying with my husband. I made a commitment, and I want to see it through. I made a choice – all be it a very, very rash one – and it has consequences that I must live with. I was scared of being alone and unloved and that I was getting old. I feel like RJ used my fears to get me, and he has apologised for this because he is admitted that was his intention, but what is done, is done.

You live, and you learn. If it is meant to be, then we shall get through this, together, and be all the stronger for it. If in a few months or a year, we decide to end our marriage, then I shall be sad and disappointed in myself, but I shall move on, and find my actual One. Hopefully he (or she?..) will understand.

I must remember my Illi-isms! Nothing in life worth anything is ever easy. And love, being the most worthwhile thing, is therefore the most difficult.